Senior Health and Safety Advisor
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please get in touch.
Senior Health & Safety Advisor
Are you ready to join one of the biggest regenerations in the UK at present?
We have a mixture of education, residential, commercial & laboratories projects in the Oxford area all ranging from £170 - 600mil in value.
These projects and LOR exclusive framework will provide career prospects in the Oxford area for the next 10 years!
- To act as an advisor, facilitator and champion for Health and Safety delivery within their project/business/facility.
- Provide local advice and support necessary to assist managers and staff to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities to the high standards demanded by the Business.
- Facilitate and coach operational teams on I+W and the respective engagement tools, which allow the team to engage effectively with the workforce.
- Carry out relevant H&S assurance activities, providing confidence to the business that operational effectiveness of all relevant processes is being delivered
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Qualification at level 4 (min)
- Technical knowledge in Occupational Health Risk Management and Wellbeing
- Technical knowledge in Safety Risk Management
- Coaching / Training competence
- Assurance / Audit / Investigation competence
- Member of relevant professional body
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it. Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the 'Offer an interview scheme'. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.