A London-based, multi-disciplined construction company is looking for an experienced Surveyor to join its commercial team. This senior role will require an experienced individual with a broad range of skills who has a strong work-ethic and is a team-player.
- 5-10 years’ experience of quantity surveying
- An Hons Degree in Quantity Surveying or HNC plus MRICS
- Demonstrable, practical experience of construction enabling works
- A recognised industry health & safety qualification
- Be based in London/Home Counties
Skills & Experience
Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial, the successful candidate will have an all-round skill set which combines experience and proficiency in surveying with excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with clients, supply chain partners and our in-house project teams. Applicants must have high levels of numeracy and literacy and a wide-range of experience of construction disciplines including demolition soft strip and structural alterations packages.
The successful individual will be able to proactively manage the surveying requirements of multiple projects concurrently.
The role will involve working on-site as well as the office in Central London. The successful candidate will be confident, well-organised and proactive with excellent IT skills.
Experience of working with all the standard forms of contract, good experience and knowledge of the NEC form of contract would be beneficial.
The role will include the following specific tasks:
- Project resourcing
- Contribution to tender submissions including cost estimating
- Monitoring and reporting on commercial/financial performance of projects including cost-value reconciliations, cashflow forecasts/projections etc
- Close-out of projects including final agreement of accounts/recovery of retentions etc
- Management of sub-contractors and supply chain partners
- Management of Project/Assistant/Junior surveyors in the team
- Client liaison, attendance at meetings and maintaining stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Producing monthly management reports using company procedures and within set timescales
- Business development – participation in marketing/social events and corporate hospitality
Significant package on offer (to be negotiated)
About the Client
Established in the 1960s the multi-disciplined Company specialises in enabling works (demolition and asbestos removal) as well as commercial refurbishment. With a current turnover of circa £16 million, the Company delivers projects throughout London and the South East which range in value from £50k to £4million and has a well-earned reputation for professionalism and quality.
Please send your Application/CV to email@example.com.