Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting x2 Catering Assistants to join the Nightingale Hospital, Exeter working on a 6 month fixed term contract. You will be required to work at other Hospitals under the Trusts umbrella as and when required.
To provide under the instruction / guidance of the Catering Manager, a flexible and high quality support service to the patients at the Nightingale Hospital, whilst also having the flexibility to work at any Trust site. You will need to be able to extend care and consideration to patients and their visitors. To work as part of a team providing an efficient and effective rotary shift service within a COVID-19 Hospital.
Your normal hours of work will be 45 hours per week, working on a rotating shift pattern of 4 days on and 4 days off between either 7:00am to 7:00pm or 7:00pm to 7:00am with a 45 minute break daily.
You will focus on:
• Prepare and serve daily meals / drink requirements to patients
• Collect the patient's daily meal requirements
• Ordering the daily food requirements
• Decant and/or serve food from regeneration trollies
• Adhering to current HACCP and food safety regulations and procedures
• Ensure that clean and dirty processes and kept separate
• Use current management system to maintain food safety records.
• Refill and replace consumables
• Monitor and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies
• Treat all patients / staff with courtesy and consideration
• Maintain accurate stock levels
• Ensure compliance by self and others with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
Who are we looking for?
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
• Good numeracy/literacy skills / GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
• Excellent communication
• Willingness to develop skill sets
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Ability to relate well to a Hospital environment
• Willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
• Demonstrate a flexible attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
• Show the ability to assist other team members in the discharge of their duties
• Knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions
• Awareness of COSHH regulations
• Good attendance / Timekeeping
• Ability to show imitative
• Flexible approach
• Ability to work with others
• A friendly disposition
• Be able to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work a rotating shift pattern including weekends
• The ability to cover sickness / absence
• The post holder is expected to comply with Trust Infection Control Policies and conduct him/herself at all times in such a manner as to minimise the risk of healthcare associated infection
• To contribute to and work within a safe working environment.
What's in it for you?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
All staff employed by BAM FM Ltd, are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service Clearance and take part in Random Drug and Alcohol testing.
Who are we?
In addition to a attractive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.