We are a well-respected innovative national housebuilder with a forward-thinking approach aligned with FTSE 250 construction group mentality, currently operating at the pinnacle of this challenging sector, providing a diverse and entrepreneurial culture delivering service and quality housing products.
Construction Project Manager
Reporting directly to the Managing Director the Construction Manager will take full responsibility for project delivery and ownership of the programme including design, procurement, construction and ensure that all key team members are kept fully appraised of progress. As a key member of the management team, you will ensure full compliance with our ISO quality management systems and that the highest quality is achieved, including delivery of the practical completion process.
- Develop and manage project implementation and construction phase plans
- Create and manage construction programmes, resource plans and execute
- Produce monthly project reports for all stakeholders ensuring the highest standard are achieved and precisely documented.
- Conduct dynamic reporting, reviewing commercial performance, safety, planning, programming, sequencing of works and health and safety.
- Implement a robust risk management process, identify, and mitigate potential risks
- Ensure quality, timely and cost-effective delivery
- Deploy proactive technical support to project teams to enable their understanding in anticipating and resolving issues and risks
- Ensure projects are completed to the highest quality and on or ahead of programme, that the appropriate documentation is available at completion and that the customer's project objectives have been satisfied
- Ensure full compliance with current and future management systems and procedures
- Introduce Considerate Constructors scheme to all our projects and ensure standards are maintained to achieve the stated KPI’s
- Provide pre-construction support in winning public sector work with all allocated key customers and projects
- Ensure that bid teams are fully briefed and debriefed if necessary, sharing learning and feedback with the team
- Drive innovation through the supply chain and contractors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a Construction Manager within a national house builder for a minimum of 10 years
- MSc in Construction Management or equivalent
- RCIS, MCABE chartered status
- Experience of leading the construction delivery of multi storey residential projects with exceptional quality, on time and on budget
- Significant experience of use of PlanGrid, MS Project, Asta or similar digital site monitoring applications
- In-depth understanding of the construction process and ability to add value across the entire delivery cycle