Independent End Point Assessor
NOCN Group is an educational charity whose core aims are to help learners reach their potential and organisations thrive. The group includes business units specialising in regulated UK and international qualifications, End Point Assessment, assured short courses, SMART job cards, assessment services, consultancy, and research.
Our heritage, rooted in upskilling workers for redeployment in industrial Britain, informs our social mobility agenda, and our charitable status drives our purpose and activity:
- We believe passionately in the power of education and its impact
- We want more people to engage in education, apprenticeships and skills training, more often in their lives
- We want to build awareness and promote the positive value of education, apprenticeships and skills training to employers, learners and parents
In 2017 the government introduced a requirement that all apprenticeships contain an End Point Assessment (EPA). This is an assessment of the Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours (KSBs) learnt by the apprentice throughout the apprenticeship. The KSB’s are outlined in the assessment plan for each apprenticeship standard and your role as an Independent End Point Assessor would involve assessing apprentices against this set criteria.
NOCN Group is looking for qualified individuals to become Independent End Point Assessors for a range of Apprenticeship Standards in the Construction and Engineering sectors.
To be considered for this role you must:
Have occupational competence in one of the following areas:
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Steel fixing
- Engineering Design
- Construction Plant Operations
- Hold an Assessor qualification, be working towards or be willing to work towards an Assessor qualification
- Hold a valid UK driving license and have flexibility to travel across your area
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to give back to their profession by supporting the development of the future workforce. Plus, you’ll benefit from:
- Great earning potential with competitive rates
- Full training, including standardisation meetings and shadowing
- Flexible working, with remote opportunities and expenses paid for travel
- Excellent CPD and upskilling opportunities