Temporary Works Design Engineer - RC Frames/Groundworks - Welwyn Garden City
About the Client: Our client have established themselves at the forefront of the specialist civil engineering sectors, RC Frame/Groundworks. A company that had a turnover of £10m 2 years ago have grown immensely, with current turnover at £50m, they are fast becoming one of the most respected and well known sub contractors in the South East region. They have recently moved into new offices which they own, have all of their own plant which is all new also and work predominantly in the London/Home Counties areas. The company have completely reformed themselves and are a professional sub contractor that has a reputation for delivering on time and are client friendly. They work on packages ranging from £1m to £10m within RC Frame and Groundworks.
About the Role: They are seeking Temporary Works Design Engineer with experience in ground works and basement construction. You will be based in head office in North London. You would be responsible for the implementation and design of temporary works and temporary ground upholding schemes.
About the Requirements: You must have with a civil or structural engineering degree. You will need a minimum of 5 years’ experience of temporary works design within the U.K, and excellent spoken and written English is required.
You must have experience in the following areas of Temporary Works:
- Formwork & Falsework Design- checking & advising on suitable materials,
- Steel Sheet Pile Cofferdams& Propping
- Formwork and Falsework to Deep Basements, Abutments and Bridge decks will all be relevant.
- Crane Base Design
- Working platform designs
- Piling and foundation design
- Retaining wall design
- Propping design
Ideally the candidate should have a good all round background in Structural Design, whilst candidates with the following experience, knowledge and skills will be suitable:
- BSc/ BEng /HND qualified Civil Engineer
- Ability to design in Steel, RC, Masonry and Timber
- Previous Temporary Works Design experience in Formworks, Falsework, Foundations and Ground Supports
- Ability to produce Detailed calculations and drawings of Structural elements
- Proficient in Auto-cad
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Work on own, as required and able to use your own initiative
- Full UK Driving license
About the Benefits: This client is increasingly developing turnover, profit and taking on larger projects so you have the opportunity to work on some of the largest construction sites in the South East and also be able to progress your career if you prove your worth. The position will be rewarded with excellent packages appropriate to the quality and experience of the successful candidate.