Responsible Person Gas MoD - Hampshire
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Responsible Person Gas to join a major FM company working within the MoD in Hampshire. You will ensure the requirements of the DIO Gas Safety Case and JSP375 are complied with in all activities undertaken on the establishments within their area of responsibility.
* Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of Gas Safety in area of responsibility.
* Ensure as far as reasonably practical that all persons within the establishment(s) observe the requirements of the Gas Safety Case.
* Support the effective and timely delivery of statutory, mandatory and reactive maintenance and Additional Services.
* Provide professional and technical support, and advice, where required to maintenance teams, DIO and end users.
* Support the Help Desk in responding to requests for professional and technical advice.
* Ensure compliance and adherence with Health and Safety, sustainability and fire procedures.
* Keep and maintain the Gas Safety Management Plan, records and update WorkManager as required.
* Provide support and where directed, manage gas projects providing technical input and producing business cases.
* Maintain training, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the Service Delivery Area.
* If appointed within an establishment containing a hazardous area, actively communicate and cooperate with the hazardous area manager.
* Assess the competence of Gas Skilled Persons for appointment and review experience and performance before re-appointment, and at other times as necessary. Ensure skilled persons are aware of any restrictions related to their work. Where necessary, suspend the appointment of Skilled Persons.
* Produce risk Assessments, method statements and where necessary safety programmes and Gas Permits to Work to a high quality.
* Attend and contribute to risk meetings. Review risk registers and follow maintenance and management processes
* Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales.
* Significant practical experience of Safe Systems of Work including:
* Management of the Operational Delivery of JSP375
* Ability to solve problems and make decisions
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Experience of supervising site operations
* Managing staff in the appropriate disciplines
* Planning, directing and controlling activities
* Management of resources to achieve results
* Agreeing scope and priorities of work
* HND level qualification in an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
* Technical qualifications & training as required by JSP 375, including:
* Emergency first aid
* Fire safety
* Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
* Significant practical management in Safe Systems of Work including:
* Experience of operating in an MOD environment
* Working knowledge of CDM regulations
* Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
* NEC3 contract requirements
* Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
If your CV demonstrates that you meet the above requirements then apply now!
Please call Joey on 0113 457 0078 or email joey @ conradconsulting.co.uk