Position: Site Manager
Salary: £50k + car allowance + benefits
The Company: My client is one of the UK’s leading construction and development companies. They have grown steadily over two centuries to become one of the most successful and respected names in the building, property development and construction industries. They are highly experienced in delivering new developments, ranging from homes to commercial, industrial and mixed-use schemes and has successfully delivered more than 25,000 student units throughout the UK since 1999.
- Manage build ensuring company standards and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Monitor construction working programme with contracts manager on a weekly basis.
- Study drawings and be aware of forecast costs, budgets in order to minimise waste and maximise value.
- Manage sub-contractors, labour, plant and materials – issuing requisitions for plant, labour and materials as required to meet programme.
- Monitor plant equipment costs and preliminaries including set up, cost of plant and office.
- Maintain efficiency and high standards at all times.
- Arrange meetings with quantity surveyors, buyers and other key stakeholders (as applicable) take place regularly throughout contract and meeting minutes are kept on file for all parties to refer back to.
- Arrange, attend and minute internal progress meetings as required.
- Liaise with quantity surveyor and sub-contractors to discuss possible damages and time loss immediately as they arise.
- Produce correspondence in conjunction with quantity surveyor and contracts manager including maintaining filing system.
- Monitor and review quality assurance.
- Review and manage Health & Safety ensuring company Health & Safety procedures are adhered to, to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
- Discuss site issues and progress with contract manager.
- Minimise costs by monitoring and reviewing site wastage, materials, time, labour and plant.
- Maintain morale on site by communicating regularly with all site colleagues, discussing and reviewing issues and sharing good practice.
- Ensure good public / customer care relations with neighbours and the public.
- Ensure subcontractors project requirements are met.
- Check material measurement and take offs from drawings including checking drawing practicality.
- Carry out Health & Safety, machinery, plant, scaffolding, excavation and quality inspections as required, ensuring weekly registers are updated.
- Attend sub-contractor pre-start meetings with contracts manager and quantity surveyor.
- Deliver induction to site operatives.
- Monitor subcontract and site operative requirements and liaise accordingly when they are no longer required.
- Delegate and check material to site as ordered.
- Communicate 4 week rolling programme regularly with site operatives.
- Discuss and review site operatives and sub-contractor’s tasks.
- Preparing site for air test in accordance with building regulations.
- Check and sign for materials delivered to site, ensuring records are kept for all deliveries.
- Set up and maintain adequate welfare site boundary including traffic management.
- Produce and provide method statements and risk assessments.
- Provide risk assessments and maintain correct procedures.
- NVQ Level 3, ‘A’ Level, HNC, or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word & Excel
- SMSTS certificate, First Aid certificate, Scaffolding certificate, CSCS Card
- Good communication skills and assertive and strong persuasion skills
- Strong time management skills
- Good management and leadership skills and technical aptitude