Senior CAD Technician
Senior Technician- Ipswich
Salary up to £45,000 + Benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior CAD Technician to join a well-established, multi-disciplinary consultancy in a vibrant team based in Ipswich. Our client has a dedicated Rail Team, which has developed an enviable reputation in the industry. Recent projects include platform extensions, bridges, station buildings, retaining walls, culverts, drainage works, temporary works, heavy duty paving, all both new build and the repair of existing structures. Well known clients include Network Rail*
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to become part of a growing team and benefit from genuine development prospects in a supportive and welcoming environment. You will be responsible for managing Rail CAD Standards and assist with resource planning.
What's on offer? An excellent benefits package, an annual performance related bonus and real career development prospects.
Working as a Rail CAD Technician you will;
- An ability to produce accurate technical drawings, based on details provided by engineers, using AutoCAD, demonstrated through experience of carrying out such work. Ideally this experience will have been in a rail environment, however candidates with experience from other civil or structural engineering disciplines will be considered. Experience in the use of Microstation would be an advantage.
- An ability to interpret engineer's sketches in order to produce accurate technical drawings.
- An ability to carry out dimensional surveys of existing structures.
- Experience of training and mentoring junior team members.
- An ability to manage and prioritise own workload, that of other technicians, and work with minimal supervision.
- An excellent standard of written and verbal English.
In order to be considered for this Rail CAD Technician role you will;
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD.
- Ideally HNC/HND/FND qualified or equivalent, but not essential, subject to experience.
- Relevant experience of carrying out a similar role within a consultancy environment is desirable.
- UK driving license.
In order to discuss this Rail CAD Technician role and other roles within Engineering please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk