Architectural Manager required to join leading top10 residential developer in their South Yorkshire region to manage the Architectural team and have an active role on developments themselves.
One of the UK's fastest growing and largest house builders with a strong presence in affordable new build housing. Naturally, they excel with bricks and mortar, but better yet at creating communities to live in. As well as affordable homes, their specific areas of expertise include: new build homes, community regeneration, responsive maintenance, retirement solutions and sustainability.
Architectural / Technical Design
- Assist the Technical Director to obtain fee quotations from specialist consultants for all architectural design requirements;
- Provide architectural and technical support to the site teams;
- Assist the Commercial team in cost plan completion with regard to architectural matters;
- Take full responsibility of the day to day running of the architectural and planning section within the Yorkshire Technical Department;
- Work with the Central Design Team to develop architectural products and research build systems to ensure we are ready for legislation and market change.
- To work with the Land Department to ensure smooth transition of all architectural information takes place;
- To check all architectural drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial suitability;
- To liaise with external consultants to ensure deadlines are met;
- To apply for and secure planning permission for all architectural design and relevant regulation approval;
- To attend site visits and meetings in order to solve any problems that arise during the construction process;
- To attend design meetings with planning departments to ascertain requirements from a council perspective for new developments;
- Ensure that new regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated as required.
- Procure sketch layouts and architectural design solutions;
- Provide provisional assessment of architectural design requirements;
- Review technical information and provide value architectural design.
Building Regulations and CFSH
- Complete, approve and formalise the Building Regulation and CFSH applications;
- Monitor progress of the Building Regulation and CFSH applications and obtain approval.
- Be aware of the need for innovation in all aspects of our business;
- Expect and encourage continued change and improvement within the company.
Critically, you will be a 'people person' and thrive off working in an energetic team environment. Innovation and progression are what drive you. You are a self-starter and you have a high level of personal pride in your work, constantly seeking to improve yourself professionally and advance. The ideal and successful candidate will also:
Senior position within a leading National house builder practice;
Revit training (if required);
Excellent salary + competitive benefits including car/car allowance and bonuses