Commercial Agent (Diversions) - tRIIO
You'll take responsibility for ensuring design output is accurately target costed, whilst utilising a schedule of rates and applying sound engineering knowledge of design and construction of the gas network.
Our gas engineering contract are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Agent to join the Gas Diversions Team in Nottinghamshire.
Working in partnership with Cadent (formally National Grid) to improve the supply of gas to millions of people living and working in North London and the East of England.
You will undertake a range of costing activities associated with gas network reinforcement and mains diversions, working closely with surveyors and estimators in order to complete a detailed narrative for substantiation of target costs.
You will possess excellent organisation skills and will be able to prioritise a busy and varied workload in order to support the team to produce results in a timely manner to meet business our needs.
We're looking for
- Sound operational understanding of gas network reinforcement and mains diversions
- Experience in utility networks including design processes
- Ability to identify requirements in terms of connection types, traffic management, gang sizes and durations based on information from survey sheets and design
- Ability to develop a solid understanding of Diversions target cost model
- Strong Excel skills
- Commercially astute and understanding of the cost impact of different operational solutions
- Can effectively work together with surveyors and target cost engineers to produce accurate target costs
- Communication skills - able to build strong internal and external relationships
tRIIO is a joint venture organisation, owned by Morrison Utility Services and Skanska UK. Applying for this position could lead to employment within either parent company.