Assistant Estimator - South West London - £30k to £35k + Package - RC Frame/Groundwork
Assistant Estimator – London – Groundwork’s - £30-35k - RC Frame/Groundwork
About the company: The company has been operating since 1998 and was formed with the intention of providing a civil engineering and building service to the construction industry. The company currently operates at a turnover in excess of £60 million, which has been achieved by steady but continued growth since its inception.
About the role
- Calculate and estimate the expected cost of construction of a given project.
- Forecast how long it will take to complete the project.
- Assist the estimating team to make profitable and competitive bids by coming up with all the cost information needed for the projects.
- Work as an effective member of the team.
About the Requirements
- Take offs and quantities from sketches and drawings to give areas, dig depths, volumes and so forth. Must be able to measure accurately and scale drawings / sketches having been given one real site measurement.
- Building up direct job costs based on labour, plant and materials for basement construction and other structural work.
- Quote writing. Must be able to write quotes in English.
- Costing variations.
- Education - Graduate, Quantity Surveyor/Estimating/Engineering or similar
About the Benefits: An excellent opportunity to start you career as an Estimator with a company that will develop and ensure progression. A very competitive salary and package on offer. Great training provided directly by the Commercial Director. Engineers looking to move into a commercial role welcomed.